yes
no
5/test/slider

The Vintage Colette Woman Series: Laylah Ali

No comments

Laylah Ali is an interior designer who is on a mission to bring all her projects to life. 


Everything I Produce is Made in Nigeria
I have been an interior furniture designer for over 10 years. I started making furniture in Nigeria and everything I produce is Made in Nigeria. I actually studied English in school, but I chose interior design because that was what I was attracted to. Like others, I have also tried other businesses including selling clothes, owning a salon, etc., but interior design was my passion. And because I wanted to really do well in interior design, I took some design courses in Dubai and I am currently working on my Masters in Design. I want to be a professional designer who brings projects to life.

It’s Difficult for Women in Nigeria to do business

It’s difficult for women in Nigeria to do business. Women are very vulnerable because we are more exposed to those who want us to exchange our bodies for business opportunities. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard, “….meet me at this hotel if you want to get that contract.” It’s really disheartening sometimes, but women should know that seriousness pays off. Women should never give up. We are stronger than what we think we are and stronger than what a lot of people think we are.

If We Had Light, Products Would be Cheaper

At L and N Interiors, we face electricity challenges 24/7 when trying to produce our furniture. If I could talk to the Nigerian government, I would tell them to give us light *laughs.* If we had light, products would be cheaper and costs would go down. Also, we often have to import certain wood items and upholstery that aren’t available in Nigeria, and that can be extremely costly.

The Vintage Colette Brand

This photo shoot was very exciting for me to be a part of. I liked the fact that it was about empowering women and motivating others. We need that sometimes as women. I have to be honest and say that I didn’t know how nice Vintage Colette clothing was until recently. I love the clothes! They are extremely comfortable, decent for me and stylish for everyone.





author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

No comments

Post a Comment

Full Bio Goes Here [Binta Shuaibu] (http://roundstoneconsulting.co.uk/vintagecolette/binta.jpg)