yes
no
5/test/slider

The Vintage Colette Woman Series: Chinwendu Moghalu

No comments
Chinwendu Moghalu is a passionate lawyer who has just started a small prison initiative where she offers pro bono services to people who cannot afford legal representation and are being detained without trial in police stations within the FCT.

I Studied Law to Defend the Interests of People
I am a practicing lawyer. Law is second nature to me. I have always been that person who wants to stand up for others. I don’t have a problem standing up to unfairness. It is funny, but at some point in my life, I could easily have been perceived as a bully however, I didn’t pick underdogs *laughs*. I studied law to defend the interests of people. Right now I am a general practice lawyer, but I plan to specialize in criminal litigation and eventually become a judge at the International Criminal Court, at the Hague Netherland. I want to become the best criminal litigator that ever lived and I want the world to remember my name. I am currently working at a litigation firm in Abuja and it’s great because I am where I want to be in order for me to get to where I am going to.

Right now I just started this little prison initiative. It is still a baby project. It aims to help indigent prisoners in whatever way I can. My initiative is currently under the ZIM-UZO foundation. I am also a member of the African Women Lawyers Association, AWLAN as well as the Nigerian Bar Association.

Criminal Litigation in Nigeria Is Not Where It Should Be

I see myself going to the Harvard Law School. *laughs* that’s just a little obsession that I have. I’ve always dreamt of attending the Harvard Law School and I intend to see it through. From a long-term perspective, I want to be a judge at the International Criminal Court, at The Hague, Netherlands. I still have a long way to go, but in the next 5 years, I should be on the right path. Criminal litigation in Nigeria is not where it should be. The basic investigation processes when it comes to crimes are lacking and I would like to see it change. As much as I want to see the government put the necessary structures in place, I have decided that as a plan to give back, when I can I will establish a forensic laboratory where proper investigation can be done with the help of science. I intend to study International Criminal Law and Forensic Science for my Masters and as soon as I am done with my research as to the best way forward, I will apply to the relevant institutions.

You Can Easily Pick Up 
Vintage Colette Clothing in a High Fashion Store.
I liked the fact that this photo shoot portrays women in their different professions. Binta could have called on real models, but she chose the average every day woman. That in itself is something special. We also get to keep the clothes. That was a major incentive *laughs*

The Vintage Colette collection is amazing and I could literally live in Binta’s dressing room. The clothes are very chic, well tailored and they sit properly on you. They are clothes that you can easily pick up at a high fashion store.





author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

No comments

Post a Comment

Full Bio Goes Here [Binta Shuaibu] (http://roundstoneconsulting.co.uk/vintagecolette/binta.jpg)