yes
no
5/test/slider

The Vintage Colette Woman Series: Sifa Asani Gowon

No comments
Sifa Asani Gowon is a novelist and screen Writer. She is also a baker and business owner who loves to create 'hybrid' pastry recipes. She says baking is cathartic for her and that she is inspired by music, love, beauty and family.

Northern Nigeria is a Great Place to Raise a Family
I started baking about six years ago as a hobby, but today, I currently bake for business- wedding cakes, birthday cakes etc. I had a small shop I ran for a bit before I closed it down. I love to read, so it was only right that the shop I ran reflected that. I also write and have published two books so far in the last few years. I like Jos: the weather, the ambiance and overall stillness. Despite recent turmoil in the North, I still believe that Northern Nigeria is a great place to raise a family.

Recent Price Hikes Hit Me Really Hard

My expenses sky rocketed immediately after I opened my shop in Jos and I’m also dealing with the current price hikes. The recent price hikes hit me really hard because I had to make several adjustments to the way I ran my business. Jos is not the best place to do leisure business because if you offer a non-priority product, your business will suffer. Many of us had have to restructure the way our businesses are set up because of what it currently going on in the country. I am currently at a restructuring phase myself, and as a business owner, you have to mentally prepare yourself for adjustments.

Before You Start a Business, Plan Well
I believe I could have done better planning before I started my business. I should have definitely planned my accounts and finances better and believe that if I had, I would not have had as many vulnerable points during my last couple of years in business. If I were to give advice to women who wanted to go into business, or even anyone, I would say plan better. It is always a good idea to hire a financial analyst to check and run your numbers before you start your business. You would do much better because of it.

I believe the Nigerian government could do a better job of providing relief to small business. They should go easy on businesses with the taxes. There should also be tax breaks for small and new business owners for at least the first two to five years and they should not duplicate taxes in each state.

The Vintage Colette Brand

This photo shoot was an opportunity for me to glam up and I loved the idea of a dress made to fit me perfectly. My body is not what it used to be after two kids. I have a much thicker waist, thicker arms, thicker everything! *laughs* I love the fact that with Vintage Colette you can still wear a beautiful dress that flatters you as you are. These clothes were made for the everyday woman.





author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

No comments

Post a Comment

Full Bio Goes Here [Binta Shuaibu] (http://roundstoneconsulting.co.uk/vintagecolette/binta.jpg)