yes
no
5/test/slider

The Vintage Colette Woman Series: Wonuola 'Omowo' Sanni

No comments
Wonuola ‘Omowo’ Sanni is a political science enthusiast and a catering extraordinaire. She enjoys the art of cooking and serving great food. She has so much passion for what she does that she could splurge her last cash on a fine set of dinning plates.
I Just Wanted to do Something Different

In 2010, I started a catering company called Good Eats. We specialize in gourmet hors d'oeuvres, finger foods and canapés. I’ve always had a passion for cooking and I’ve always wanted to do something in the food industry, but I didn’t exactly know what that was many years ago. I saw that everyone was into catering things like rice, fufu and other things, but I just wanted to do something different. I wanted a challenge. I started doing finger foods as a hobby and the response I got was quite good and because we were in Nigeria, people loved the idea of having unique and different types of finger foods than the usual buns etc. But again, because we are in Nigeria my best-selling product was still the “puff-puff” of course *laughs.* Right now, we also have this branded chilli that has been doing very well..

I Found Time to Develop My Craft
After graduation, I decided to try entrepreneurship. I sold clothes amongst other legit items but nothing worked. My mother had always been my pillar of support considering that parents of that generation always wanted their kids to study professional courses. For that I would always be grateful to her. I remember when I started my business; on my 1st job I had to borrow a camping gas to cook. I also borrowed table cloth from my aunt *laughs* and that only made me more determined.

Good eats is not your average food service provider. What sets us apart is our unique plating, presentation and display. I started the company by turning my hobby into a profit making venture. I found the path I wanted to follow and found time to develop my craft, train a few others and took things one step at a time. The company has grown from catering for 50 guests to catering for 500-1000 guests at multiple events every weekend. I'm looking forward to making the company recognized nationwide and globally. In the nearest future, I also want to start an agency where people can hire cooks and chefs that have been trained by us.

If the Cost of Living was Cheaper, Nigerian Businesses Would Do BetterElectricity is a big challenge for most businesses here in Nigeria and I’m not excluded from this challenge. The electricity here makes it difficult to run my business. I could be making spring rolls for a large order-and as you may know, they need to thaw a little and freeze. But the spring rolls could be in the freezer overnight and we lose electricity. It's definitely frustrating because we have to throw food away at times. The Nigerian government should address the electricity issues, along with the cost of living. The cost of living in Nigeria should be way cheaper than it currently is. If the cost of living was cheaper, Nigerian businesses would do better because in addition to the high costs of rent and land, you have infrastructural costs, diesel costs and so on.

The Vintage Colette Brand

This photo shoot was a privilege and I am glad that I was a part of it as it was something completely different for me. It was a lifestyle shoot, and the cooking life is anything but glamorous *laughs.* The Vintage Colette brand is a very relatable brand. The clothes are really different. They are conservative, but relatable and very ready for wearing. I’ll be wearing Vintage Colette for many years to come.






author profile image
Abdelghafour

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

No comments

Post a Comment

Full Bio Goes Here [Binta Shuaibu] (http://roundstoneconsulting.co.uk/vintagecolette/binta.jpg)